To the love of my life,
here is our song
here is our song
Come What May
by
Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor
(Moulin Rouge)
Never knew I could feel like this
Like I've never seen the sky before
I want to vanish inside your kiss
Every day I love you more and more
Listen to my heart, can you hear it sings
Telling me to give you everything
Seasons may change, winter to spring
But I love you until the end of time
Chorus:
Come what may
Come what may
I will love you until my dying day
Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place
Suddenly it moves with such a perfect grace
Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste
It all revolves around you
And there's no mountain too high
No river too wide
Sing out this song and I'll be there by your side
Storm clouds may gather
And stars may collide
But I love you until the end of time
Chorus
Oh, come what may, come what may
I will love you, I will love you
Suddenly the world seems such a perfect place
Come what may
Come what may
I will love you until my dying day

________________________________
"I Only Want To Be With You"
I don't know what it is that makes me love you so
I only know I never want to let you go
Cause you've started something
Oh, can't you see?
That ever since we met
You've had a hold on me
It happens to be true
I only want to be with you
I don't know what it is that makes me love you so
I only know I never want to let you go
Cause you've started something
Oh, can't you see?
That ever since we met
You've had a hold on me
It happens to be true
I only want to be with you
It doesn't matter where you go or what you do
I want to spend each moment of the day with you
Oh, look what has happened with just one kiss
I never knew that I could be in love like this
It's crazy but it's true
I only want to be with you
You cast a spell on me
And left me in a trance
I fell into your open arms
And I didn't stand a chance
Now listen Hunnie
I just want to be beside you everywhere
As long as we're together, Hunnie, I don't care
Cause you've started something
Oh can't you see?
That ever since we met
You've had a hold on me
No matter what you do
I only want to be with you
________________________________

I want to spend each moment of the day with you
Oh, look what has happened with just one kiss
I never knew that I could be in love like this
It's crazy but it's true
I only want to be with you
You cast a spell on me
And left me in a trance
I fell into your open arms
And I didn't stand a chance
Now listen Hunnie
I just want to be beside you everywhere
As long as we're together, Hunnie, I don't care
Cause you've started something
Oh can't you see?
That ever since we met
You've had a hold on me
No matter what you do
I only want to be with you
________________________________

My dear darling is not with me today for Lovers' Day.
He's gone to Kota Kinabalu for work. As he aptly say "Kena kerja; Cari duit."
I'm alright with that. I mean, that's the same moolah I'll be using anyways! HA HA HA...
Anyway, we had our Valentine's dinner on its eve.
On the way home, a comment by the radio DJ made me laugh.
She said "Tomorrow is a day for those single to really feel that they are single!".
That is SO true.
Yes, rub it in with a full day about lovers... Ouch!
He's gone to Kota Kinabalu for work. As he aptly say "Kena kerja; Cari duit."
I'm alright with that. I mean, that's the same moolah I'll be using anyways! HA HA HA...
Anyway, we had our Valentine's dinner on its eve.
On the way home, a comment by the radio DJ made me laugh.
She said "Tomorrow is a day for those single to really feel that they are single!".
That is SO true.
Yes, rub it in with a full day about lovers... Ouch!
________________________________
"The greatest thing you will ever learn,
is just to love,
and be loved in return"
(Moulin Rouge)
is just to love,
and be loved in return"
(Moulin Rouge)
_____________________________
10 comments:
Hi, hazlinda!
Excellent and nice posting. Thank you.
Happy Valentine`s Day!
Hello David, welcome!
Thank you for the kind words and the visit.
Happy Valentine's Day to you too.
Keep well.
Hi Linda, gosh, I love sentimetal ladies like you, so warm, so passionate in your thoughts and accepting a rose with thorns and all.
Reading your warm thoughts brings to mind, Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules. Then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
When I met an SYT long ago, and as our feelings started to simmer I told her that I am going for the stars and nothing will stop me and if she can accept many days of loneliness, accept the fact I will be entertaining clients, wine women and song, see her once a week or maybe once in two weeks, maybe more, I will give her all my love.
She agreed and stood by me, and even with many lonely nights, some phone calls inbetween, a bouquet or roses once a month, no computers then, she accepted everything, as well motivated, inspired me to go for the stars.
And I promised myself one day I will make up to her for all the years of lonely days and nights I was away, even X'mas too.
Thus one day I decided enough is enough and we left for Canada to start a new life....giving up everything behind. I had reached the stars, time to come back to earth.
I have since never left her alone, not one day or night...and love her like I met her yesterday.
In you, I see her, Linda.
Best regards, Lee.
Nice song...Nicole and Ewan...i love that song from that movie.
Too bad..no K version of it.
Hope u had a great dinner..:)
Hello Lee, thank you so much for your warm thoughts and words. You made me smile ear-to-ear with your compliments. Aduh! Warm and fuzzy-feeling.
I must admit that being left behind by the person whom you want to spend all your time with is very difficult and sometimes, ok, most of the time, upsetting. It breaks my heart just thinking about saying goodbye but me being me, when I love, I love wholeheartedly, thorns and all. Having said that, I am only human and sometimes I retaliate. Thank goodness my dear sweetheart understands it and has been very patient with me.
Fuh! Relationships are work; hard work, indeed. But I strongly believe if we sincerely do the best we can with the purest of intentions then everything will fall into place and whatever challenges will only bring us closer together.
Thank you again for your visit. Your comments are always thought-provoking and inspiring. Thank you for them.
Keep well and hope warm weather comes your way soon.
Hello Nightwing, thank you for visiting.
When we watched Moulin Rouge at the movies, I was crying by the end of it. It was such an emotionally-charged story. We love all the songs in the movie and "Come What May" stuck with us for the pass 6 years. There are no karaoke versions but that doesn't stop us from belting it out whenever we hear it together.
Keep well.
p/s: Dinner was good. Had Maine lobster. Yummy!
Hello Hazlinda,
You offered: "The greatest thing you will ever learn, is just to love,
and be loved in return" (Moulin Rouge)
That is definitely a beautiful saying. But to live it in reality is as what you said we must take both the good and bad. Yes we are only human. There are both tears and laughters.
The problem now is that most young hearts imagine that phrase to be lived like MTV rap videos where we could have all the love and blings and fun and songs by just a snap. At the hint of the slightest triuble the realtionship is over!! Mana boleh.
I saw a valentine's interview on NTV7 a couple of days ago and one bachelor said, he did not want any serious relationship as he did not want to bother with heartaches. He was honest but that's the reality!
The hostess was surprised at his candidness and asked he did not wanna have family, kids? He was surprised at that question..ha ha. Such silly stuffs were not in his life's equation at all. Such is life now my dear.
Yes Lee is right. You are sentimental and that is a good trait.
Hi linda,
I hopped over from U' Lee's.
I find it sweet when couples have their song(s).
When my husband and I were dating, he dedicated "can't help falling in Love with you" to me .. not the one by Elvis Presley but the newer version by UB40. We introduced the song to our daughter when she was around 2 yrs old and she instantly fell in love with the song. Now it becomes our family song.
Have a good day, Linda
Hello Kak Ruby,
The quote from Moulin Rouge "The greatest thing you will ever learn, is just to love, and be loved in return" should be followed with an itsy-bitsy hidden clause:
"Love equals hard work, commitment, patients and tears but also laughter, happiness and fulfillment".
:-)
I think it is only when we grow older and wiser (maybe) do we realize that love, in reality, is both everything and nothing like those in movies. Happily-ever-after is fairy-tale. Love and happiness is a journey, not the destination.
The bachelor was wise in a way to realize that being in a relationship causes heartaches. But let's ask him 10 years, 15 years down the road, and I have a feeling that he will regret not having another to love, to argue with, to share special moments with, to cry and laugh with. We are after all looking for companionship.
Thank you so much for your kind words and your visit.
Hope you have a good day ahead.
Hello Nana, welcome!
Aaah, Uncle Lee has brought you over to my lil' corner of the web. Well, hope you have a pleasant visit.
We did not intentionally make "Come What May" our song but somehow, it did. And now whenever we listen to it together, we reminisce and rekindle our relationship and what we have endured together. So, yes, having "our" song does help.
And what a great idea to make it a family song!
Thank you for visiting and take care.
Post a Comment