[Edit: I should have put a little introduction on who this person is.
So, here is what I got from ABC News http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/PersonOfWeek/story?id=3633945
Sept 21, 2007
Randy Pausch, a 46-year-old computer-science professor at Carnegie Mellon University, has terminal cancer and expects to live for just a few more months.
This week, he said goodbye to his students and the Pittsburgh college with one last lecture called "How to Live Your Childhood Dreams," on his life's journey and the lessons he's learned.
The Wall Street Journal called it "the lecture of a lifetime" and those who have seen it have more than agreed.
A beloved professor at Carnegie Mellon, Pausch got a standing ovation from the 400-member audience before he even opened his mouth. ]
I watched this talk over Oprah yesterday and it brought tears to my eyes.
It is only 10 minutes long.
This is in fact not a talk on how to achieve your dreams but rather on how to lead your life.
A lot of what he said touched me.
The brick walls that are in our way, are there for a reason.
They are there not to keep us out.
They are there to give us a way to show how much we want it.
ALWAYS HAVE FUN!
Tell the truth.
Apologize sincerely
- I am sorry.
- It was my fault.
- How can I make it right?
No one is pure evil.
If you wait long enough, they will show you their good side.
You can't make them do it in a hurry but you can be patient.
Show gratitude - simple thing and powerful thing.
If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself.
The dreams will come to you.
If you live properly, the dreams will come to you.
If you have the time, watch the full lecture - 76 minutes long.
6 comments:
Very nice.
Thank you for sharing it.
Will check out the clip when i have the time.
Americans....
They do have lotta great speakers, naturally talented ones, and many of them with a good intentions that transcend wealth needs just to share their experience and inspire others.
As for Prof.Randy Pausch, he sure looks like he has a heart of gold and may God extend his life and gives good karma to him for inspiring many people on life pursuits,positive thinking and enjoy life as it is once he/she had persevered and done everything for the betterment of oneself, his/her family, society n beyond.
Thanks linda for sharing with us on the "Last Lecture". I hope it will have many many sequels to it!
Hello Nightwing, thank you for your kind words.
Do come back to watch the clip. You're welcome anytime.
Keep well.
Hello Manal, thank you for your visit.
I notice that a lot of those from English-speaking nations have the gift of the gap especially Americans and Brits. They speak well and speak with conviction when giving talks or seminars.
Randy is such speaker no doubt. His lecture was really inspirational and a reminder to us all on how to lead our lives. What I liked most about him is that he is passionate about things around him - his work, his colleagues and his family. He took pride in what he did and he helped others when he could.
Thanks for visiting Manal.
Hi Linda, beautiful story.
For me, the older I get, the more I enjoy my life, as today will be yesterday's history and tomorrow a mystery.
I believe in living life to the fullest, and always tell my friends that when the day comes for me to 'go'...I don't want any regrets that there were so many things I did not do or experience....but most of all to treat everyone as I want to be treated.
You have a nice day, Linda, Lee.
Hello Lee, we can all learn from you about living life to the fullest. You lead such an exciting life with all your adventures.
"Do unto others as you would others do to you" - very good advice from you Lee.
Thank you for visiting and keep well.
Post a Comment