Thursday, July 3, 2014

my 2nd French Sole

Oh, oh... This is slowly turning into a slight obsession...
Not good...

See, initially I thought I'd use my first French Sole as my Raya shoes but then after looking at them for awhile, I thought "Hmm, doesn't seem festive enough... Hmm...".

So here I go again to the boutique to check out other varieties and in particular, glittering shoes to match the intention of purchasing.

I really wanted this Henrietta glitter shoes: 
But even after discount, it came to RM7++.00. 
Oh well... A bit too much for me.


So after much looking around, I went ahead with this instead:

 



The glitters on these shoes are quite substantial in real life actually. 
These pictures don't do them justice. 
But I must say, they are not as sparkling and prominent as the Henrietta that I wanted.


The original price is RM730. And so, with 30% discount, I got it for RM511.
For a fabric shoes, it's still rather pricey but what the heck! I Love It!!
:-)


Oh, and I got this at size 37. India size 36 was really tight.
The patent Henrietta I bought had half sizes so I got that at size 36.5.
So now I know I'm actually a 36.5 or 37 for French Soles shoes, and not 36 / 36.5 as I first thought.

********
Added on 5th August 2014

Man, what a disappointment.
This pair of shoes gave me such bad blisters at the back of my ankles after wearing it the whole time during Raya.
I had to use band-aids on both back ankles to cushion the rubbing and friction from the very rough gold trim.
What a disappointment.

*********
Added 15th August 2014

I applied Vaseline along the trim on the back heel.
It worked during the initial steps but the gold trim still caused blisters at the back of my ankles after walking in them within an hour. So back to band-aids. Ugh!
I really have to take this back to the store and get their advice on what to do.
So disappointing.

BTW, the Henrietta is perfect. No such blisters or discomfort.
Maybe the India cut is not for me...

No comments: