Monday, May 6, 2013

Malaysia General Election 2013

General Election 2013 , GE 2013, or better know as Pilihan Raya Umum 2013 , PRU2013 was held on Sunday, 5th May 2013.

I was out of the house by 7.40am and back home by 8.30am. It was a good thing that I sacrificed a good Sunday sleep-in to go early for voting seeing that people who made their way to the polls pass 9.00am had to queue for at least 1.5 hours.

My vote venue is Kelas Al-Quran Dan Fardhu Ain Integrasi (KAFA) Kampung Kemensah, Hulu Klang, Selangor - the same place as GE2008. 



The school looked exactly like I remembered it except that in 2008, from where I was lining up for my turn to vote, I could look out and enjoy nature and the landscape. This time around, my view was obstructed by a zink plate that sheltered a badminton court. 

Also surprising that when I joint the queue, I was number 14 or 15 in the line. In 2008, when I arrived at approximately the same time, I was 4th in line. 
Huh, population increase...

This year SPR (Suruhanjaya Pilihan Raya) introduced the use of the indelible ink - a measure to ensure no one is able to vote multiple times. 

My blue finger

I was kinda proud to wear the ink since it's proof that I used my rights as a citizen of Malaysia. 
It is my civic duty and my right to vote and I'm proud to show it off. 




Anyway, I came to vote all dolled up since the day before I went to have my hair done. 
Hahaha, looking good to vote! 
Woah, it looks good from the back. Too bad I can't see it and
man, why can't it look this good everyday without effort?
.
.
.

No comments: