Monday, May 27, 2013

latest read: miss peregrine's home for peculiar children

I have no idea how I found out about this book but it was one of my I-need-to-buy-it book list. 
So when I saw it at a significantly reduced price at a Popular bookstore, I grabbed it.

It took me probably quarter-way through the book that I realized that the girl on the book sleeve is actually floating. 
Gah! How is it totally missed that at first glance or several glances after that? 
I was more intrigued by the description of the book.

Well, to begin with, the book was actually fantastic. I was hooked on the writing, the humorous way the author has with description and all the old-fashion photos that came with his story. There was suspense on the sudden death of his grandfather of which his adventure began with finding the truth about his grandfather.

Finding the abandoned children home and actually discovering "the loop" was pretty interesting but it actually began to go south from that point on.
The introduction of monster and hollows and whatnot just threw me off and then the story just start to feel like some science-fiction story. Ugh. Then falling for the girl the grandfather was with during his time, another "Ugh" moment. It just got more and more off track and cliche. Boooring. 

Oh well, it had great potential to begin with but just didn't end well. 
.
.
.



No comments: