Tuesday, May 14, 2013

latest read - inspector singh investigates: a most peculiar malaysian murder



I bought this in one of Popular bookstores' many and frequent book sales. I think it cost me RM5;  discounted from its original RM40 or something like that; can't remember now. 

I had seen this book before at some other bookstore but hesitated from buying but at the price tag of RM5, who can resist?

The story line is quite interesting and funny and to a certain extend, actually depicts the ugly reality of Malaysia. There's a non-written rivalry between Malaysia and Singapore and it's something ingrained in many Malaysian. Malaysians find it simply irritating and sometimes infuriating when anything compared between Malaysia and Singapore, Singapore gets the upper-hand. 
So yes, whenever something is compared in this story between Malaysia and Singapore and Singapore gets the better review, I get offended. But yeah, let's just stick to the story.

It's started with a murder of one of three brothers and ended with the death of one other brother and eventual death penalty of another. So by the end of the story, all three brother are dead or will die. 
Nice story huh?

The book itself is very easy to read and I like the narration of the story. I am definitely on the look out for the other four Inspector Singh books. 
.
.
.

No comments: