
Taking leave last Friday, I had 5 days off from work and what beautiful beautiful relaxing times I had.
To be able to sleep and wake-up at whatever time you want knowing the fact that you don't have to rush to work the next day and to lounge and do absolutely nothing does wonders to your mind and body. That's the good things about long holidays.

But 5 days have come and gone and I'm back at work.
Now to the not-so-good thing about long holidays.
Relatives!
Phhrghhh... What busybody lots!The aunties and uncles...
Sometimes I want to yell "MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!".
If only we live in a blunt and totally honest world.
Anyway, with the relentless and constant prodding to get "juicy" details out of me, God knows I tried and tried hard to let them know that they are not and will not get anything out of me through my joking remarks and replies, turns out some people are just thick.
Wokay! You asked for it!
"I don't like to talk about it. I don't talk to anyone about it. I like to make my own decisions. Whether it is right or wrong, it is still my decision and that is my path. If I make a mistake, then that's my life and I'll learn. If it is good for me, then I'm lucky. I pray to God everyday to show me the right path. Whether He will enlightens me or not, it is still my life, my own path. I pray everyday to God to show me the right path. I don't need to talk to anyone about anything. At the end of the day, everything is between me and God."
There! That sure shut them up!
If only we live in a blunt and totally honest world.
Anyway, with the relentless and constant prodding to get "juicy" details out of me, God knows I tried and tried hard to let them know that they are not and will not get anything out of me through my joking remarks and replies, turns out some people are just thick.
Wokay! You asked for it!
"I don't like to talk about it. I don't talk to anyone about it. I like to make my own decisions. Whether it is right or wrong, it is still my decision and that is my path. If I make a mistake, then that's my life and I'll learn. If it is good for me, then I'm lucky. I pray to God everyday to show me the right path. Whether He will enlightens me or not, it is still my life, my own path. I pray everyday to God to show me the right path. I don't need to talk to anyone about anything. At the end of the day, everything is between me and God."
There! That sure shut them up!
2 comments:
Hi Linda, ha ha, can't help smiling re your this posting on relatives.
One of the reasons I chabut from Malaysia to where we are now is to be away from relatives....mine.
Especially aunties. Both my grandfathers had 2 wives, I suspect 3 more stashed away somewhere too, ha ha. Yes, thats how many relatives I have.
Its funny how they remember your not so good points but forget the good you have done.
Its what I call Gossiplogy. Ha ha.
And again, they expect a certain amount of 'ang pow' from me at CNY. Can you beat that? Just because I was doing well in my career, they expect lots of red colors in the red packet, if you know what I mean. Holy Smoke.
And because I ditched a couple of their own relatives supposedly SYT's instead of taking as my life partner...my reputation went rock bottom, ha ha.
They just saw my jumping ship, but overlook their daughter's full of holes virtues.....I name 3.
I can't stand SYT's smoking, swearing like a sailor on shore leave after 9 months at sea and behaving like a 'monkunchi' (monkey) at an exclusive restaurant.
Oh well....lets forget relatives Linda....you have a happy New Year and all the best of Seasons greetings.
And Linda, thank you for being a friend. You one of my longest Blog friends. Its a privilage to know you. Thank you. Happy New Year. Lee.
You go girl..some people are just kay po. You stick to ur guns.
Drop by my crib when free.
Happy New Year to u and ur love ones.
Post a Comment