It’s official.
I’m having a splitting headache.
Ah the perils and health hazard of being a fan of an English football club.
By 10pm Wednesday 21st May, I was already nervous about the match to be aired live at 2.00am the next day. The match to determine the best of European football clubs.
Typically, my batteries would be conked out by 12.30am but the adrenalin rush kept me awake.
Ironically at 2.45am, I saw the kick-off and the next thing I knew, the match timer displayed 20 minutes into the game.
I must have dozed off. Thank God the score was still 0-0 then.
6 minutes later, Ronaldo gave a brilliant goal header and put United in front. By then my heart rate shot up and beating so hard I could feel my own pulse.
What a blow when at the 45th minutes, Lampard shot a goal.
Into half time they went and the score would not budge.
Then into another half hour extra time, still, no progress.
So, it was penalties to decide who would carry the prestigious UEFA Champions League trophy.
When Ronaldo penalty kick was saved by Cech, that was it for me.
Game over!
No hope!
But then a twist of fate.
Up came Terry and my god! A miracle; a slip and his penalty shot went wide!
There goes my heart rate way up... Hands clammy…Sit up right...
The suspense…
The first team to miss the coming penalty shot will lose…
When Van der Sar outwitted Anelka, I couldn’t believe my eyes and what I’m seeing.
Is it true?
Did United really really win?
O H M Y G O D !!
Indeed they have...
Champion of the Barclays Premier League and now Champion of the UEFA Champions League.
Glory Glory Man United...
Oh dear...I need now to nurse my headache. Ouch...



2 comments:
Yeah!!!!
MU is the champions.....may they continue their winning ways..and stay humble too.
Hello Nightwing,
Most thrilling match to the very end, to the final penalty.
A rather cruel way for Chelsea to lose through just one penalty but that's football.
Thanks for visiting and keep well.
Post a Comment