I was watching E! Entertainment Channel some time this week featuring socialites in
That name looks strangely familiar.
Of course!
I bought a book by her and have yet to read it - Bergdorf Blondes by
I have been swamped these couple of weeks but thought I have not read a book for so long and I really really really need to get some literature in.
It was a thoroughly chic lit read and every chic lit read is a love story.
This one is of the narrator know just as “moi” with Charlie and how their get-together transpired amongst mentions of almost every famous designer there is in
If any one would like to know how socialites live and what do they do with all the money that they have, this is a book for you - to know what goes behind looking oh so fabulous all the time with super gorgeous dresses, perfect face, skin and body, and of course, the "stress" that goes along with it too.
It is a funny story where I find myself at times laughing out loud with the way the narrator describes her situation and such.
I realized embarrassingly that towards the end of the book i.e. last 20 pages or so, that I have actually read this book already.
Aya! Memory failing me already.. or was the story line that forgettable?

2 comments:
Hi Linda, you sure one very well read and cultured lady.
Regret have not heard of that book you mentioned as I'm not much of a reader lately...used to.
Linda...since you enjoy this book, go look, beg, borrow, download, rent or whatever...this movie called, "The Eddy Duchin Story".
Its all about NY social scenr and starring, Kim Novak and Tyrone Power.
Linda...I assure you, you'll love this movie...I have seen it more that 10 times, on TV.
As well, not sure you have read or seen, "Love is a many splendoured thing"? By Doctor Han Su Yin, she wrote her life story and made into a movie and the famous song too.
You won't put the book down, ha ha.
Stay easy and have a nice day, Lee.
ps, pop over when free....
Hello Lee,
Nice of you to pop by.
Hmm... Not heard of the movie you mentioned and didn't know that the beautiful song "Love is a many splendoured thing" was inspired from a book. I'll definitely put them into my to-do list. Thank you for recommending them to me.
Take care and have a good weekend ahead.
Post a Comment