Friday, April 30, 2010

from March & April (concerts, birthdays and F1 2010)

******************************************************
Friday, 5th March 2010
Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds Live in KL
Plenary Hall, KLCC

I remember being obsessed with the song "Everytime I Close My Eyes". Totally obsessed; having it run on repeat for days on end.
I believe after the album with this hit song, he mellowed down to being more of the person in the background rather than the lead.
I was surprised that he was such a tiny man, as in, rather short and slim.
His voice, however, is something wonderful.

******************************************************

Saturday, 13th March 2010
Disney on Ice "
Stadium Putra, Bukit Jalil

I know, I know - it's the same thing over and over, year in and year out.
But I really can't help but go to this every year.
I use it to unleash the child in me that just loves to come out every now and then.
It is always nice to see Mickey and his gang. It's about the only American thing I cannot let go of.

******************************************************

Wednesday, 24th March 2010
Hana's 2nd Birthday!
It has been two year since this little angel entered our lives. What absolute joy and jubilation having her. She is truly a gift from God. I am eternally grateful.

She's about to attack that cake! Adorable...

******************************************************

Wednesday 31 March 2010
It was my parents 37th wedding anniversary and we planned to go out for dinner with everyone but what happened instead is a true testament to the saying
"We plan but God decides".
31 March will now hold double meaning - anniversary of my parents and the birth of my first nephew, Hud Hakim Harris, born at 11.17pm, Tawakal Hospital.

******************************************************
Friday, 2 April 2010 - Sunday, 4 April 2010
2010 Formula 1 Petronas Malaysian Grand Prix
Sepang International Circuit
This year marks the return of the legend Michael Schumacher after he left the sport some three years ago. I was never a fan of his and even less of a fan of Ferrari. There's just something about their arrogance that irks me. 

With the withdrawal of BMW from F1, I was completely lost on who to root for this year.
Malaysia now has two teams:
1. Mercedes GP (Petronas being its title sponsor), and
2. Lotus Racing (Team Principle being Tony Fernandes of AirAsia).
Well, ok, number 1 would have better prospects but who are their drivers, you ask?
Sighh...
Michael Schumacher and Nico Rosberg (son of Keke Rosberg, an F1 champion in the 80s)

Anyway, this year's tickets are a bit different from the other years.
I love the back of the tickets. Nice!

Every year, I buy driver specific caps and well, this year was a gamble. I made my way to the merchandise booth, tried both drivers' cap, and decided, ok, I'll get Nico's!
My first non-BMW cap. It's now hung on my office wall and it's the odd one out.

The race was pretty average in terms of excitement but no matter what, every year, when I see the five red lights light up one by one and then they go off, the race start, I always get chills!! This year is no exception. I looove....
It's Nico having a tyre change but  Michael's name on the pits.


Well, Michael's car broke down early in the race but Nico managed to get 3rd and on to the podium.
 :-) Good choice on my part :-)


******************************************************
Sunday 25th April 2010
Kelly Clarkson All I Ever Wanted Tour
Live in Malaysia 2010
National Stadium, Bukit Jalil

My first time in the open-air stadium in Bukit Jalil. It's quite a nice stadium actually.
Didn't bother with coming early since concerts always start at least half hour later than the scheduled time.

Anyway, it's no wonder this girl won American Idol and is the best selling AI alum worldwide.
Her voice live is like listening to her recorded CD but better! Live is always better!
I love that she's comfortable with herself and she exudes that on stage.

 

******************************************************
Woah... pretty eventful two months!...

No comments: