Tuesday, January 1, 2008

hello 2008




What does 1st January - the start of a new year - mean to you?

To some, it's a time to remind them that they still have a shot at making things better, that another year is here for them to pursue their dreams.

Others find it the perfect date to start a new resolution or maybe a new goal in life.

Some use it as a good excuse to stay up late, party and get drunk!



A turn of a new year has never actually affected me in anyway other than whenever I write the date, just add one more year.
That was how I viewed the changing years - just another day but increment the year by one !


But saying bye-bye to 2007, I am feeling a bit nostalgic.
To be really honest, a lot nostalgic.
2007 has been a good year for me - a year that was the turning point in my personal life.

Early 2007 did not look promising but by March, everything changed in a snap of a finger. It was literally a 180° change.



Erm, well, the change felt like a snap of a finger but it was in true sincerity, a 6 years struggle.

I mean don't get me wrong, there are some difficulties and problems that come with something this good but it is nothing compared to pre-March 2007.

I am truly lucky and blessed with what I have.




Here's hoping and praying that it will only be uphill in 2008...

8 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Linda, happy new year. Hope 2008 will bring lots of sunshine and laughter to your life and more. Many of life's circumstances are created by three basic choices:
the disciplines you choose to keep, the people you choose to be with;
and, the laws you choose to obey.
You have a nice day, Linda. Lee.

hazlindakim said...

Hello Lee, thanks for dropping by and leaving some words of wisdom.
I love them!
You have so many of them and I appreciate that you share them with me. Thank you very much indeed.
Have a good evening Lee.

Nightwing said...

Happy New Year!!!

May this year be a good year for u and your love ones...:)

If in doubt, please seek help from Uncle Lee and Pak Zawi...:)

I am sure they are more then willing to help.

hazlindakim said...

Hi nightwing.

Thank you very much for the new year wish and also for making me laugh with the comment "If in doubt, please seek help from Uncle Lee and Pak Zawi..."
Yes, these experienced gentlemen are indeed very helpful and most of all, very wise.
Hope you have a great 2008!
Take care.

ruby ahmad said...

Hello Hazlinda,

Welcome 2008.

I have no resolutions. I just wish to continue. My 2008 started way back in 2007. I have begun some work and hope to see fruition of some good results this year 2008, insy.

Someone taught me to live to our best, moment to moment, and I think whenever I remember this dictum, I get the moments to be longer and happier.

Lee said...

Hello Linda, just dropped by say 'hello'. Remember, you are young only once, so go have fun, enjoy life to its fullest.
One day your grandchildren sitting on your lap will ask, "grandma, what did you do when you"?
Your answer should be, "I sure had fun".
Not poaching for harauns! Ha ha.
By the way, if free, drop in for coffee. Lee.

hazlindakim said...

Hello Kak Ruby.
Here's to 2008!

Hope what you have in plan for this year will indeed be a success.
All the best.

hazlindakim said...

Hello Lee.
So nice of you to drop by for coffee.
Ha ha ha... I'll leave the haruans to you lah Lee!...
Me, I'll try to catch bigger fish! Ha ha ha...
Will drop by over for your famous coffee soon.
Do take care.