Monday, November 12, 2007

my weekend...

Friday 9th Nov 2007
What a fun outing today with my office mate Su Mei. It’s the first such outing for the both of us.

I got two pair of shoes from Lewre and two dresses from Robinsons. Shopping babeh!! I’ve fallen in love with what Robinsons can offer in terms of dresses. My new fav place for dresses!
I was out from 10am and only arrived home at 7pm. That’s 9 hours of shopping (!!) plus traveling and eating. I didn’t think we would take that long. Since leaving at 10, I was worried I might not get there at the agreed time of 10.30. But surprising, I made it exactly on time including parking time! Talking about parking, for all the places to park, we ended up parking opposite each other. Talk about fate!
First impression of The Gardens was just ok to me. In terms of build, I prefer Pavilion KL. I’m hoping that once the garden that is supposed to be at the top floor of the building is ready, it would offer something different and unique. As it is, the layout is much much more impressive than its sister Mid Valley of course.

Saturday 10th Nov 2007
Haircut + For One More Day – Mitch Albom
I finished reading For One More Day by Mitch Albom while waiting to get my hair cut this morning. I have been procrastinating finishing this book for over a week. I have no idea why I did that since it's such a thin book and an easy read. Anyhow, I don’t know why but the book didn’t have the “umph” impact on me. The same goes for his other book, Tuesdays with Morrie.
It is no doubt a good story on how you would be able to look at things differently, make better choices, not take things for granted and appreciating the things and the people around you, if you were given the chance to see things from a different light and realized the consequences of our action. It is all about treasuring what you have now. I get the message.

I liked 3 things about the book:
1. How Chick Benetto’s mother wrote notes to him and left them at the right places for him to find, which I find very sweet
2. The anecdotes based on a list of “Times My Mother Stood Up for Me” and “Times I Did Not Stand Up for My Mother” and of course the list was longer for the latter
3. A letter Chick’s mother wrote to him on his wedding day to Catherine –
“…Here is what you are going to find out about marriage: you have to work at it together. And you have to love three things. You have to love:
1) Each other
2) Your children (When you have some! Hint! Hint!)
3) Your marriage
What I mean by the last one is, there may be times that you fight, and sometimes you and Catherine won’t even like each other. But those are the times you have to love your marriage. It’s like a third party. Look at your wedding photos. Look at any memories you’ve made. And if you believe in those memories, they will pull you back together.”

That’s a new way at looking at a marriage!

Chicago The Musical, 8pm
I went with my sweetheart for this one. Coming back from Melbourne, he bought me a gorgeous g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s necklace and a 4GB iPod Nano! Yippie! How nice. Love you Hun!

Now back to the show.
It was my first time to the Plenary Hall, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre. And boy! Was it HUGE! All the musicals I’ve ever been were at Istana Budaya.
Upon entering the hall, I straight away felt that it was too detached to be used as a stage for theater. Maybe it was due to the fact that I was sitting in the upper tier. But had it been Istana Budaya, even the upper tiers do not feel this detached. I was way up there that every time the person in front of me moved his head, I need to readjust myself since he’d be blocking a different part of my view of the stage. Next time there is a show there, I am sitting nearer to the stage now that I know how big the place is.
The show was a little over 2 hours long. All in all, the show was just ok to me. No “wow!” factor. There were no set change and minimal costume changes. The voices were strong, clear and sometimes a bit too hoarse for my liking. But thinking back, I suppose since the show is “a story about murder, greed, corruption, violence, exploitation, adultery and treachery – all those things we all hold near and dear to our hearts” (ha ha…), the hoarse voices were needed to bring the right feel.
...Hmm... too far up to make up the set and casts...



Upon reaching home after Chicago, I took it upon myself to try out my brand new iPod. Since I have no idea how an iPod works, it took me 3 hours to realize that it’s not just simply drag and drop. You need iTunes to do that. DUH! 3 hours for me to figure that out!! Not feeling too smart…
Just to console myself, at the end of it all, I did get it working and working well.

Sunday 11th Nov 2007
A chill out day with my sweetheart. Played pool and just lazily walking around and window shopping. It was a nice perfect Sunday evening for me. It was cloudy and drizzling lightly at times. Some would prefer a sunny evening. Not me! I prefer the cool days.

I surprised myself that I can still hit the ball. Hahaha... Have not held a cue for maybe more than 5 years! Though, my aim is still horrible!

Fun... Definitely playing pool again real soon...


2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Dang! This is my 3rd attempt at sending a msg. Hope this works...Nice blog Linda! Had a great time shopping with you!

hazlindakim said...

Hi Carolyn aka Su Mei!

It was great going shopping with you too.
Once our OCBC cards reach us, we'll go again! Ha ha ha...