Monday, November 19, 2007

Cadaques Orchestra

Sunday 18th Nov 2007 8.30pm
Toyota Classics 2007
Cadaques Orchestra from Spain







To start of, FUH - YOH!
The recorded voice of Sean Ghazi is nothing, NOTHING compared to him singing live. Well, it was his singing as P Ramlee in P Ramlee The Musical that captured my heart.
But this is the first time I’ve heard him as himself, being a new fan and all. Gosh, how much I’ve missed!
When is he going to have a show at No Black Tie or An Evening with Sean Ghazi again?? Sighh…

Now, after having heard MPO many a times, this 21 member orchestra was really low impact. Not to mention the location – Auditorium Majlis Bandaraya Shah Alam. The seats were so uncomfortable and creaking, ok!
To be fair, Dewan Philharmonic Petronas and MPO are in a different league entirely. So I should not compare. But cannot help it la…
So when they started, the sound quality, I say man, took me awhile to allow my ears to get used to it. I expected this big surround sound bang but instead, got a teeny tiny jolt only. Oh well…
But once I lowered my expectation, it’s not so bad actually. The pieces were quite cute and entertaining, very Zorro-like sounds.
It’s my first time listening to a Tenor live. Not bad but I must say, not my cup of tea. Maybe because I have no idea what he’s saying. But voice wise, ok la.
The first half of the show was only half hour long. I think there was something wrong with the sound system because the Tenor’s voice was not clear at all and my sis and I were seated at the very edge of the right-side of the stage with the speakers right in front of us.
Second half went just as quickly but when Sean stepped out, there was a big applause. So I see, the people are there for him more than anything. Good good.
Then Sean sang.
Oh WOW! I had to pick myself up after hearing him belt out a total of five songs – three as scheduled (Semalam, I Have Dreamed and Getaran Jiwa) and two on encore (Smile and I Have Dreamed (for luck!, he said. Hahaha...). Smile! What a coincident! I was talking about it yesterday. He sang Smile to just the piano. Nearly shouted “Encore!”. Thank God I didn’t.
Of the five, I was stuck breathless by Getaran Jiwa. Brain freeze man, again! Sean’s rich voice is perfect, absolutely perfect to carry its tones. And from such a little package! I’ve been hearing it repeatedly on his Semalam CD but hearing it live, totally unexpected that it would sound even better! Surprises like these are welcome anytime!!
The drawback of sitting on the right-side of the stage was that I had Sean’s back singing to me 90% of the time. Thank God for the heavenly voice. His back pun, his back lah!

Got Sean’s signature and picture to be added to my collection. Haha!
______________________________________________________

Note 1: At the wee hours of Sunday morning, Hun’s gone to Terengganu to catch Pak Lah, again. He said it was a good meeting. Hope it’s all worth it.
Note 2: Got my binoculars back! Thanks Sean.
Note 3: Voice recorded Sean’s whole performance but my Nokia 7390 is one that is really pretty to look at but absolutely rubbish! The recording was horrible. What a waste… Added note: My sis video recorded the first three numbers. Whahaha!... Spectacular!
Note 4: The Agong (Tuanku Mizan) and The Sultan of Selangor (Sultan Sharafuddin) were present... Erm, mencemar duli...
Note 5: My sis and I were berangan-ing outside the hall where there were some really pretty flowers. And while I was posing, this fella with a professional-looking camera took my photo too. He said he was from Women’s Weekly, or was it Her World? He said it’ll be in his magazine. Yeah, sure, highly unlikely!

4 comments:

ruby ahmad said...

Hi Hazlinda,

Whoa! You attended the show? How lovely. Yes, Sean is incredible. What lovely photos. You looked beautiful that night. I am sure your sharp looks caught the photographer's eyes. You will appear in the mag as he said. That has happened to me many times. Mainly Tatler before in my crazy hey days of serious socialising...ha ha. Great that you had a good time.

hazlindakim said...

Hi Kak Ruby,

You made it! Welcome! :)

Awww, feel bashful now, with your kind compliments. Thanks. Me in a magazine? Yikes! Ha ha ha...

Yes, Sean was spectacular. I can rave on and on and on about him. But I think my blog has done that already! ;)

The moment I found out about the show, I booked tickets immediately. Aah... It was bliss!

ManaL said...

Hey Linda,

Thats cool, Sean is now like a magnet source that has pulled Kak Ruby first and now me to you. So they say great minds think alike hehe!

Yupp agreed to kak ruby that u did look sharp and presentable in those photos.

hazlindakim said...

Hi Manal,

Awww ... *blush* ... Thanks for the compliment.

Yes, one good thing draws even better things. I'm glad. :-)

Thanks for dropping by.