When nomination for best picture was announced for the 2017 Academy Award, this was one of the books that I immediately went out to purchase, and this is the last one I got from the long list of books.
The premise of the story is quite simple- an adopted son looking and finding his birth mother.
But somehow this particular true story struck a chord with me. And after reading this story, the essence of the story stuck with me for days. Somehow it feels like I was taking the journey with Saroo. I have not brought myself to watching the film adaptation as yet for I am quite agitated and have a feeling of uneasiness as to how it will affect me emotionally to visually see the story unfold instead of just words on a page. The fact that the actor playing Saroo was also nominated for Best Supporting Actor for the Academy Award and in fact won Best Supporting actor for the BAFTAs, fills me with even more trepidation on watching the film. I am holding on and also prepping myself for a suitable time when I can find ample time to compose myself after watching the film. I have been binge-watching a lot of interviews regarding this movie and man, the anticipation is killing me to just plunge and watch the film, but I just can't at the moment.
The book is just a wonderful and emotional telling of a story that is simple in context but has layer upon layers of complex emotions and rawness to the journey that was taken to such a beautiful ending.

No comments:
Post a Comment