Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Up north for Malaysia Day

Coincidently, this is the second year that I headed north during Malaysia Day. And not only that - to an island. September 16th 2010, I was at Langkawi and September 16th 2011, I was at Penang Island. Funny how that happened without prior planning.

Anyways, some pictures:
September 16th 2010 - at Langkawi. Funny that I didn't blog about it then.

Firefly from Subang Airport
Me under the wings
At Langkawi - This is at Makam Mahsuri where we stopped and visited the surrounding area and had assam laksa for lunch next to the padi fields. Love the effect of this picture.
At Langkawi: The Sky Bridge. Kinda scary because it was really high with strong breeze.
My hotel - Hotel Langkasuka: Nothing spectacular about the hotel other than the fact the there's a supermarket on the ground floor which is convenient and also food stalls opposite the hotel.
This picture is to show that what I did most in Langkawi was mostly chocolate shopping and CorningWare shopping.

September 16th 2011 - at Penang Island.
The Road to Penang Island
On Jambatan Pulau Pinang
My Hotel - erm, really tiny room for the price. But it was really conveniently located to all the attractions.
The view outside my hotel room
Me and my bowl of Chendol. I cannot believe the number of people queuing for chendol. Seriously??! Amazing.
Perspective view inside Eastern & Oriental Hotel, Penang - very colonial setup and quite romantic.
At Fort Cornwallis
Dinner at Gurney Plaza
Next day: Assam laksa for breakfast @ RM3.30 only! Super-cheap!
Assam laksa and me. Yumm-miee!!
Nasi Kandar at Line Clear Restaurant. Interesting... Picture looks like I'm in a restaurant. Well, don't be deceived. It's actually open-air, along an alleyway and stall-like environment.
Checking out of Chulia Hotel.
The reason I was up north - friend's wedding at Sg Petani Kedah. Cute police station.

No comments: