Sunday, 24th July 2011, 3.30PM, Istana Budaya
Malaysian production of Dreamgirls
Got best tickets in the house at 50% off via Groupon. Woohoo!
On the production and performance:
Pretty impressive performance from most of the cast.
Cheryl Samad as Deena Jones was quite ok; I didn't know she could sing; but she doesn't have the stamina to carry her voice to the end of the show. By the end, it feels like she lost her voice. Also, I was looking forward to the song "Listen". Hmph! Not in the musical numbers list. What a letdown.
We had Dina Nadzir as Effie White and well, she can sing! I knew that already since she was the finalist in the first Malaysia Idol against the victor, Jaclyn Victor.
On the audience:
I think only a third of the stalls were filled. Since this is a Malaysian production, many people are not willing to pay such a high price for tickets. I guess the production company still made a handsome profit nonetheless.
Oh, and Tun Mahathir and wife were present for this matinee show.





No comments:
Post a Comment