Let’s see.
I cried when I changed my office room to the one perpendicular to it. I wanted the change but I cried anyways. I occupied that room for 3 years.
When I was younger, we had a Mazda. The night before my parents were to give it away, I vividly remember looking down from my window at the car and saying a silent goodbye and wishing that it’ll be ok without us.
I bought my trusty second-hand Wira the moment I started work. 6 years down the road, I can now afford a better car.
Erm, ok, I lie. I would not part with my hard-earned money for a car. So, let’s just say, it’s a gift.
The initial plan was to trade in my Wira. I know it was going to be really painful for me but I was already preparing to say my goodbyes to it weeks and weeks before even placing an order for the new car.
Turns out Daddy decided to take it and instead, sell off his trusty Volvo.
Shock! Horror!
We had that Volvo for more than 30 years. I remember travelling in it to Alor Star for Chinese New Year and Kluang for Hari Raya. I remember being in its backseat being driven by Daddy to school, to piano lessons, to ballet lesson, to tuition, to everywhere else.
I know that Daddy would not part with that car of his for anything as he absolutely adores it, says nothing but praises about it but with my plan of purchasing this new car, we have just too many cars at home. We simply cannot fit all cars into our driveway anymore. No one wants to drive the Volvo except Daddy and Mom thinks it’s not a good idea to keep it. Keeping my Wira instead would be a better idea since in case of some emergency, anyone can drive it. I was willing to part with my Wira but Daddy, heavy-heartedly, agreed with Mom. Even writing this, it breaks my heart thinking that Daddy is without his Volvo.
Everyone who knew Daddy knew his Volvo.
Imagine always having this car for the past 30 years and now you don't. I would have been in mourning for months!
So, yes I am sentimental - a little overboard to be honest.
That Volvo of Daddy’s will be his again someday. I’m gonna make sure that it is!
No comments:
Post a Comment