
Aduh… Sungguh sappy…
I went of course prepared for the sappiness that will come my way but dear oh dear, I didn’t think it would be that sappy… Hahaha…
I am not a fan at all but I succumbed to the temptation of listening to them live singing their classics Goodbye, Making Looooove Out of Nothing At All and of course, All Out of Love.
“I 'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you
I know you were right believing for so long
I 'm all out of love, what am I without you
I can't be too late to say that I was so wrong”
I know you were right believing for so long
I 'm all out of love, what am I without you
I can't be too late to say that I was so wrong”
Sing along everybody! Woo!
The moment they stepped out on stage I laughed out loud. I was covering my mouth actually, trying to not laugh too loudly for fear of offending some hardcore fans seated around me. Hahaha…
I just couldn’t help myself.
There they were, these two Uncles running and jumping around on stage to the soft rock ballads they were belting out.
One Uncle on each side of the stage doing their thing!
The shorter of the two was doing multiples of “step-step-skip” across the stage.
The other doing pirouettes with his guitar slinked across his chest.
Too funny!
I am sure they don’t intend to but man, hysterical!
Skip, skip, jump, jump! Hahaha…
Another laugh out loud moment was when the taller of the two, with a straight face and encouraging a response, said:
"Are you ready to fall in love?!!... Let us begin..."
HAHAHA.... how not to laugh?!
To be honest, I was laughing most of the time, laughing more than I was singing along.
I know the melodies but not the lyrics.
I had moments of yawning and getting sleepy but would suddenly burst out laughing just looking at their antics on stage.
I know the melodies but not the lyrics.
I had moments of yawning and getting sleepy but would suddenly burst out laughing just looking at their antics on stage.
Aduh Uncles…
Russell changed into a green batik shirt midway through the show... so cute!
Starting in 1975 with each other singing to empty cafes and bars in Sydney, they did admit that it was rough trying to break through but they hoped and they believed in themselves.
It sure takes a huge chunk of luck and of course talent to make it out there, they say.
It also worked in their favour that Russell Hitchcock, the Australian lead vocalist (the shorter of the two), has such a distinctive voice and that Graham Russell, the other vocalist who is British, is such a good song writer.
What Graham said was so true –
Simple chords, simple songs, simple messages but remains with you, is what is important in the end.
33 years and they are still playing and singing together and having fun together.
We should all be so lucky huh?
Goodbye

4 comments:
Hello Hazlinda,
Oh Air Supply! Hmm..I am not a particular fan but have heard some of their numbers.
SAPPY? Ha ha..
Have a nice day dear.
Hehe...When i saw that they would be coming to Malaysia...thought u might be going to...:)
Thanks for sharing the post and hehe...your thoughts.
So which one is ur fav song? Might try to sing it...:)
Have already posted 'without you'..their version.
Hello Kak Ruby,
Thank you for the return visit.
I'm not a fan either but some of their songs are really classic and I'm sure everyone would have heard of them.
Oh yes, very sappy indeed. :-)
Keep well.
Hello Nightwing,
I just couldn't resist hearing them live despite their sappiness. Hahaha...
Oh, I simply cannot choose a favourite from the three in my list - Goodbye, Making Love Out of Nothing At All and All Out of Love.
So surprise me! :-)
Keep well Nightwing and thanks for visiting.
Post a Comment